10 Lighting Tips For Wedding Receptions
Wedding receptions are complex to shoot – they are indoors (typically) and happen in many cases after nightfall which means that you are have to relay on artificial light – from the room itself and everything you bring with you.
Ford and Reddy talk from their own experience about some of the things they think might help you get the most out of this important but challenging shooting situation.
Here are the 10 tips:
- Assess the situation and place you lights.
- Match the color of the ambient light.
- Use light modifiers.
- Get the right camera settings.
- Use ceilings and walls to bounce light.
- Overpowering the DJ’s lights.
- Where do you stand in relation to your subject.
- Control your flashes.
- Use foreground lights for creative effects.
- Use direct flash.
You can find many more videos on LensVid’s wedding photography section.