5 Creative Camera Slider Tricks
There are so many things that you can do with a slider besides the typical back and forth movement that we are all used to. Jordy Vandeput from Cinecom demonstrates 5 useful tricks that you can do if you have a slider.
Here are the 5 tricks/techniques to use with a slider:
- Looking up – mount your camera in a way that it will look up and move the camera looking upwards and make sure you have what you are shooting in the frame as well as an interesting enough background.
- Slider at an angle – this will allow you do hide the slider when shooting a forward or backward slide with a wide angle camera. You will need a heavy duty fluid head to hold the slider while you are doing this.
- Point of view challenge – put the slider on the shoulder height of your actor and have him move it as he moves around the slider. Do the same with your second actor to make it look as if they are both threatening each other.
- Move and slide – here you will also need a strong fluid head – move the slider and camera head at the same time.
- Upside-down close to the ground – put the slider upside down on to strong boxes and move it to get a very close to the ground upside down shot – and flip it in post.