Earlier today at the computex event in Taipei Asus demonstrated its upcoming ProArt PA328Q display – a 32″ behemoth with 4K resolution and a host of features aimed at a more professional target audience including photographers, graphic designers and video editors.
The above video (by German site allround-pc) is a short preview by an Asus representative at the show which demonstrates some of the ProArt PA328Q features.
The Asus ProArt PA328Q – 4K for pro users
Talking about the features of this screen, we compiled a short list of the main ones:
- Panel: 32″ (16:9 aspect ratio), IPS with 178/178-degree viewing angles.
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 138 pixels per inch (ppi).
- brightness: 350cd/m².
- Contrast: 100,000,000:1 ‘Smart Contrast’.
- Color gamut: 100% sRGB, 14-bit colour lookup table hooked to a 10-bit panel.
- Connectivity: 1 x DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60Hz), Mini DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60Hz), 1 x HDMI 2.0 (4K at 60Hz) / MHL 3.0 (4K at 30Hz), 1 x HDMI 1.4 (4K at 30Hz) and 4 x USB 3.0 ports.
- Calibration: factory-calibrated “to the best color accuracy in the market” (Delta < 2).
- PiP: Built-in Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP) functionality.
- Advanced technologies: ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR), ASUS SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology.
- Monitor adjustment: tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment.
- Pricing and availability: TBS (possibly between $1000-$1500 sometime in Q4 2014).
Notice that this is the first monitor on the market to support the new HDMI 2.0 protocol which allows 4K@60hz over HDMI cable.
Recently we have covered here another interesting high-res advanced display – the LG 34UM95 34″ super wide monitor (21:9 aspect ratio) and published a very enthusiastic review by linus sebastian.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography related product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.