Almost everybody we know bought something in Ikea (even if they don’t like to admit it). For the most part Ikea stuff is inexpensive and there is a whole culture of hacking Ikea units and making them do things beyond what their Swedish designers imagined.
The French guys from
Here is the list and the prices (which might change depending on where you are in the world):
- Schottis – Make a cool diffuser from a paper pleated shade for only $3.
- Glasholm – A black glass tabletop perfect for shooting products/food and more for $35
- Snudda – A (manual) Lazy Susan to add movement for shooting video and help with stills as well for $8.
- Blanda Blank – A metallic mixing bowl you can turn into a beauty dish for $3 (requires some work though).
- Tupplur – A blackout curtain for a cool portrait session for $20.
- Drona – A collapsible storage box you can use for your laptop as a hood for $6.
If you love these type of hacks you would also love “7 Simple DIY Hacks that Will Help you Improve Your Photography” by our friends at COOPH and maybe also this video on “How to Make Household Dolly Hacks!“.
You can also check out many more interesting DIY photography projects here on LensVid.