On this second 3 part mini-series – part of the big Canon lens comparison, Pye from slrlounge takes a look at the 8 popular full frame zoom and prime lenses from Canon (all starting from 35). This isn’t a laboratory test but more of a real world test to look at different aspects of these lenses and how they will effect your actual photography.
The first part (above) takes a look at just the 2 primes – the Canon 35mm f/2 IS (there is also a non IS version), and the fast Canon 35mm f/1.4L.
In all, the 3 part test takes a look at 8 different lenses (6 zooms and 2 primes):
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II – $2300 (on Amazon)
- Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II – $1700 (on Amazon)
- Canon 17-40mm f/4L – $840 (on Amazon)
- Canon 24-70mm f/4L – $1500 (on Amazon)
- Canon 24-105mm f/4L – $1150 (on Amazon)
- Canon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L – $2430 (on Amazon)
- Canon 35mm f/2 IS – $600 (on Amazon)
- Canon 35mm f/1.4L – 1480 (on Amazon)
Part 2 of the 35mm head to head trilogy – Zoom lenses
The conclusion of the 35mm head to head trilogy
More guides and comparisons of photographic gear can be found on our photography gear guides – here on LensVid. We will keep tracking this series and bringing you the rest of the episodes as they are published (you can check them all out on the following link – the big Canon lens comparison).