Google Camera App Review
Google recently announced a new version of its Google Camera app which includes a new feature called “lens blur”.
The above video review by Joe Hindy from Android Authority looks at the new app (which is pretty basic to be honest) and some of its features including the lens blur. This feature works by shooting several images and combining them together allowing the user to choose which object to blur (examples of which you can see below). Do keep in mind that this will probably not be very useful for shooting moving objects.
An example of the lens blur feature shot with the new app by Google (Credit: Rachel Been)
Here are some of the official features of the app:
• Photo Spheres for immersive 360º views
• Lens Blur mode for SLR-like photos with shallow depth of field
• Panorama mode with high resolution
• 100% viewfinder for getting the maximum resolution from the sensor (no dropped pixels)
• Updated UI that gets out of your way and is centered on an extra large capture button
• Works on phones and tablets running Android 4.4+ KitKat
You can find out more technical info on the Lens blur feature on the Google blog.
You can download the app for free (if you have Android 4.4+ KitKat) from the Google play store.
Another An example of the lens blur feature shot (Credit: Rachel Been)