Yesterday Fujifilm announced two new products – the mid range X-T10 – a smaller, lighter, more affordable version of the popular X-T1 and a new XF 90mm f/2.0 lens with New Quad Linear Motor and Weather-Resistant Design – here is a look
Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake from from the Camera Store in Canada took the new Fujifilm X-T10 for a test drive and got back with some impressions (well mostly Niccolls to be honest…).
If you are familiar with the X-T1 (if not read our full review) – the little, younger sister camera – the X-T10 will look very familiar. The design is similar (Fujifilm stays with the retro look), the sensor is the same (and it is excellent although getting a bit old) and you have plenty of dials to control almost every aspect of the camera. This model is also made for more beginner photographers so unlike the X-T1 you do have an auto switch – which is great as the X-T1 is a complex camera to master – especially for people with no film experience.
The new X-T10
Here are some of the specs of the X-T10:
- 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor (just like the X-T1).
- EXR Processor II (no big changes here as well).
- 0.39″ 2,360k-Dot 0.62x OLED Viewfinder (good but not like the huge 0.77x magnification of the X-T1).
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps (just like the X-T1 – this camera is mostly for stills until Fujifilm will learn to do proper video).
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity (like the X-T1).
- Intelligent Hybrid AF with 77 Areas (there are some improved AF options).
- Up to 8 fps Shooting (like the X-T1 but the buffer seems very small).
- Film Simulation Mode (nothing new).
- Built-In Pop-Up Flash (small and not too powerful but still nice to have – unlike the X-T1 which requires an external unit).
- Price: $800 – body only – about $400 less than the X-T1 ($900 with the 16-50mm kit).
A short X-T10 promotional video
Here are some of the specs for the new fast prime – the XF 90mm f/2.0 which was also announced yesterday (so far no hands on video of the lens):
- Focal length – 90mm with an f/2 maximum aperture.
- Fujifilm X-Mount.
- Weather-resistant design with 7 sealing points for weather work as low as 14°F.
- New Quad Linear Motor with 0.14 seconds autofocus.
- Includes 11 elements in 8 groups, (with 3 ED elements).
- Nano-GI coating to reduce ghosting and flare.
- 7 blade aperture.
- 1/3 EV steps.
- Minimum working distance – 24 inches.
- Price: $950.
The new XF 90mm f/2.0
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.