Last year MindshiftGear (a camera bag company which branched out of Think Tank in order to create high quality travel photography bags) showcased the r180º panorama camera backpack. This is a smaller version of their successful large traveling photo bag with the option to pull around the integrated beltpack to rapidly access gear in the lower compartment of the bag.
The first version of the MindshiftGear panorama is more suited towards people who need a very large bag for a long trip, the new version is right for a trip of a day or maybe two days with less room for equipment, but still more than enough for most users on a trip.
The bag is compact and lightweight, it holds your essential photo gear, as well as a tripod, clothing, your lunch and more. It measures 9.8” W x 19.7” H x 8.3” L (or 25 x 50 x 21 cm) and has a weight of 2.9 lbs (or 1.3kg).
Here are a few of the features of the r180º Panorama Camera Backpack (you can find more on the mindshiftgear website).
- Has a rotating beltpack (which can be worn on its own) – see video.
- Has 2 tripod carrying options.
- A place for a Hydration pocket which can hold up to 3 liter of water.
- Includes additional room for jacket, 1-2 layers, hat, gloves, lunch, etc.
- Has a convenient top storage pocket.
- Includes an internal mesh storage pockets.
- Has a backpack load lifter straps.
- Made out of very lightweight materials.
- Breathable padded airflow harness.
- in the belpack you can put a Nikon D800 + 24-70 f/2.8 (or even a Canon 5D MKIII with 16-35mm f/2.8 attached + 24-70mm f/2.8) plus more personal or photo gear on the backpack (they even have a special insert which fits 2-4 lenses including the 70-200mm f/2.8 + a strobe).
The MindshiftGear r180º Panorama Camera Backpack is available for pre-order now on B&H for just under $200.
We are hoping to bring you a review of the r180º Panorama Camera Backpack later this year and you can watch more videos of camera bags here on lensVid.