Bag manufacturer Caselogic recently released their first advanced camera bag called the Kontrast Pro DSLR Backpack. This unit has some interesting features and although it might not appeal to some pros – advanced amateurs may find it quite appealing.
Caselogic is mostly known for its line of laptop cases but they have been making smaller photography bags for some years. This time around they are moving upwards and trying to get into more advanced camera bag territory (which is quite crowded these days to be honest).
Plenty of room for photography gear – Kontrast Pro DSLR
So what does the Kontrast Pro DSLR Backpack has to offer? Here are a few of the main features according to Caselogic:
- Customizable storage protects a Pro DSLR camera with attached lens plus 4-8 additional lenses (up to 70-200mm) or accessories.
- Water-resistant DuraBase offers protection and stability from the ground up.
- Hammock system suspends camera body for improved impact protection.
- Dedicated compartment stores up to 10.1″ tablet and 15″ laptop.
- Quickly access memory cards, filters or small accessories through dual-access lid pocket.
- Top load entry opens away from your body for convenient access to your camera and top two accessories.
- Side stretch pockets double as tripod attachment or water bottle pockets.
- Padded, ergonomic back panel and shoulder straps.
- Weight : 1.77 kg (3.9 pounds).
- Price: $130 (on Amazon).
We are hoping to do our own test of the Kontrast Pro DSLR Backpack and see how Caselogic’s first attempt at an advanced backpack went.
Top load entry
In the meantime you can read more news and reviews of photography backpacks on our dedicated section here on LensVid.