Nikon introduced this morning a new mirrorless camera which includes a number of new features including a first for Nikon – 4K video shooting capability (but there is a catch).
Nikon today announced a new member to it’s 1 line of mirrorless cameras called 1 J5. This new version includes a new back lit illuminated 20MP sensor (1 inch) a completely new processor (Expeed 5A) capable of very fast continuous shooting speed (up to 20 fps) and – for the very first time with Nikon cameras – 4K video shooting (the catch – only 15 frames per second).
Most of the rest of the camera is pretty similar to what we already know from the 1 J line before (the camera does have a 180 tilt touch screen for selfies and WIFI/NFC built in).
- Sensor: 20 MP – a new 1″ size 2.7x crop factor back lit sensor.
- EXPEED 5A advanced processing engine (first time in a Nikon camera).
- LCD: 3-inch LCD with 921,000 dots tilt touchscreen.
- AF: 105 Phase-detection AutoFocus Points.
- Continuous shooting: 20 frames per second continuous shooting with AF-C.
- Video 1080/60p and 4K in up to 15p.
- Built in WiFi and Near Field Communication (NFC).
- Price: just under $500 with 10-30mm lens (pre-order now on amazon).
Another official Nikon 1 J5 video