Earlier today Swiss-Polish manufacturer Irix announced its first lens for 2022 and another member of its affordable Cine Lenses the 21mm T1.5 Cine which will soon be available in all popular mount types.
Early in 2020, we looked at another member of the Irix Cine lens family – the Irix 45mm T1.5 and a few weeks ago we covered the Irix 30mm T1.5 Cine lens. The company’s Cine lens is expanding quickly and now includes an 11mm T4.3, 15mm T2.6, 30mm T.15, 45mm T.15, 150mm T3.0 as well as the current 21mm T1.5.
The new Irix 21mm T1.5 Cine
Irix 21mm T1.5 Cine lens specs
Here are some of the main specs for the new 21mm T1.5 Cine lens:
- 21mm T1.5 full-frame lens.
- The lens has 15 elements in 11 groups (including 4 extra-low dispersion elements, 4 high-refractive elements and 2 aspherical elements)
- 11 blades aperture.
- 180-degree aperture ring rotation.
- Laser engraved UV markings.
- Dust and water-resistant body with 5 rubber o rings.
- Min focus distance – 30cm.
- 95mm front diameter.
- Weight 1.1kg.
- Length – 101mm.
- Front magnetic mount (for supported filters).
- Mounts – Sony E, L mount, MFT, Nikon Z, Canon RF, and EF, and well as PL.
- Detachable foot.
Irix claims very low breathing, as well as a very low distortion with this new lens and it, will be interesting to see how this wider lens will compare to the 30mm T1.5 which we tested (and indeed had low breathing but was also not perfect wide open).
Pricing and availability
The lens should be available in the next few weeks and sell for just under $1200 (or $1300 for the PL version).
If you don’t want to miss any new photography products be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.