Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 VC vs. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Here is a quick reminder of the specs of the new Tamron:
- 15-30mm f/2.8 Full Frame lens for Canon/Nikon/Sony A mounts.
- 18 elements in 13 groups including a new XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element placed at the front group and several LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements.
- eBAND and the improved BBAR coatings for reduced ghosting and flare.
- Anti-fouling coating – a first for Tamron – repels water or any type of dirt, while making it easier to remove such smudge when contaminated.
- 9 blades aperture.
- Improved Ultrasonic Silent Drive – faster and more accurate AF (with full-time manual focus mechanism).
- Vibration reduction mechanism – quite unusual in ultra wide angle lenses.
- Price: $1200 (amazon).
If you are on the Canon side you might want to check out the newly announced Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L US with is super ultra wide angle 11mm angle. However with a price tag of $3000 dollars – this will not be an easy buy for a lot of photographers.
The new Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L US – ultra ultra wide angle (at an ultra price)
You can find many more previews and reviews on our Photography review section here on LensVid.