In this video by the basic filmmaker takes a look at a new affordable wireless XLR microphone system by Xvive.
The Xvive Audio U3C XLR set is a new version of an existing product called the Xvive Audio U3 (that older version had no Phantom power support and it was designed for dynamic XLR mics).
The new models look and feel similar to the older version, however, it has a switch that allows it to power a condenser mic that requires 48V of power for up to 5 hours. There are a number of similar units on the market such as the Rode RodeLink TX-XLR Wireless Plug-On XLR Transmitter, however, besides being more expensive they also do not include the entire system (they are part of the rødelink system which you will need to purchase separately).
Here are some of the features of the new Xvive Audio U3C:
- Plug-on wireless adapter for XLR condenser microphones
- +12V or +48V phantom power options (using a switch selector)
- Operates in 2.4GHz wireless band (same as BT and WIFI)
- Under 5ms of latency
- 20Hz–20kHz frequency range and 24-bit/48kHz audio
- Built-in battery (USB chargeable) with 3–7 hours run time
- Up to 90 feet / 27m of wireless range
- Dynamic range (110dB)
- Price: $220.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.