Canon EOS 5D Mark III HDMI and USB Port Protector
SmallHD – a start-up from North Carolina which focuses on affordable and professional field monitors for DSLRs and video cameras recently came up with a Kickstarter project for a HDMI and USB port protector for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
The company already had a successful similar product for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, but the Mark III has a different designed port and so a complete makeover was necessary.
- Based on our test and proven 5D Mark 2 Port Protector and protects HDMI and USB ports from damage.
- Very light lightweight (about 1 oz./28 grams)
- Does not interfere with other ports on the camera.
- No need for other parts such as baseplates.
- Comes with 1.5ft. HDMI to mini-HDMI cable for 5D.
- Kickstarter Price ($40).
The new Port Protector is a really straightforward device. you hook it up and it makes sure your signal isn’t lost and nothing happens to your HDMI port. From our experience one of the most delicate ports is actually not the HDMI but the 3.5mm mic – we hope SmallHD will come up with a solution for this port as well but until than – try using a 90 degree cable whenever you can.
You can get yourself a Canon 5D Mark III HDMI and USB Port Protector by SmallHD from the product Kickstarter page.
A short video on how to install the Port Protector