DJI announced the Mavic Air just a few hours ago and the internet is already jam-packed with countless hands-on reviews of this small but powerful new drone and we wanted to share some of the better ones with you along with some info on the drone itself.
So in case you were away from the internet all day long, the new Mavic Air is DJI newest drone and it sits somewhere between the tiny Spark and the Mavic Pro (or Pro Platinum). The Mavic Air is 130 grams heavier than the Spark (at 430 grams or 0.95lbs) but is way lighter than the Mavic Pro (at 734g/1.6lbs). It is also as small as the Spark but much smaller than the (already not super big) Mavic Pro. It is also faster than the other two at 42 miles per hour. When it comes to the range it goes almost twice as far as the Spark (at about 4KM) but still shorter than the Mavic Pro (at around 7KM). It has 21 minutes of flight time (compared to 16 min for the Spark and 30 min for the Mavic Pro Platinum).
Official DJI Mavic Air video
Here are some more specs for the Mavic Air:
- A 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor
- 4K Video up to 30p (up to 100mbps) and 120fps in 1080p.
- 12MP stills photos (including RAW).
- 3-Axis gimbal-stabilized camera
- GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation
- 8GB of built-in internal storage.
- Advanced Obstacle Detection technology (with cameras in the front, back, and bottom of the unit).
- New ‘Asteroid’ and ‘Boomerang’ intelligent flight modes and a 32-megapixel spherical panorama mode.
- Up to 42 mph in sport Mode.
- Subject tracking mode.
- Up to 21 Minutes of flight time.
- USB C port.
- Foldable body.
- Price: $800 for the drone “basic kit” and $1000 for the expended “fly more” combo kit.
iPhonedo – Full compersion between the Spark/Mavic air/Mavic Pro drones – very detailed
Casey Neistat got his first – very positive – look at the Mavic Air
iJustine also got a Mavic Air to played with and compare and did an open box and some test footage on the beach
You can find many more previews and reviews on our Photography review section here on LensVid.