Fujifilm X30: First Look Preview
Earlier today Fujifilm announced a new and improved advanced compact camera – X30. This new model replaces the older X20 camera and includes many improvements and refinements.
The X30 uses the same size sensor as its predecessor (a 2/3″ sensor – larger than most basic compacts but still smaller than the more advanced 1″ sensors of cameras such as the Sony RX100). Some of the improvements in the new model includes a much stronger battery (almost twice as many images per charge), a tilt LCD with higher resolution, WIFI, EVF with high res instead of an optical viewfinder, better video and external mic connection, and a control ring around the lens.
Here are some of the main features of the Fujifilm X30:
- Sensor: 12MP 2/3″ (8.8 x 6.6mm) X-Trans II sensor.
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-12800.
- EVF: 2.36 million dot OLED
- Lens: 28-112mm equivalent in 35mm / f/2.0-f/2.8.
- LCD: 3″ tilt screen 920k dots.
- Burst mode – 11-12fps.
- Shutter: 30-1/4000 sec.
- Battery: 470-shot CIPA (with a stronger battery).
- Video: 1080p @60p.
- Two lens rings for exposure and zoom control, respectively
- Weight: with batteries – 423 g (0.93 lb).
- Price: pre order for just under $600 on Amazon.
Above you can see Billy from the Fuji Guys talk about the new camera. Below you can see an official promo of the X30:
Some images of the new Fujifilm X30
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.