Earlier today Fujifilm introduced the anticipated Fujifilm X-H1 – Fujifilm’s new top of the line APS-C camera.
The new camera includes quite a few improvements compared to the X-T2. The camera adds a new in-body stabilization, quite shutter a much more robust body (and bigger, deeper grip) with a new vertical grip) as well as a new AF system with shorter blackout time.
In terms of video the camera add true 4K (4K DCI cinematic video), it also adds LOG and 120fps in FHD and a new film simulation and a dedicated film simulation (there is a completely new video menu on this camera). There is also a touchscreen which improves both the still and the video work.
Above is a video by B&H with photographer David Flores talking to Justin from Fujifilm. Below we have Fashion photographer Nick Merzetti and Vistek video producer Dale Sood talk about their recent experience with the X-H1:
Here are the main specs for the X-H1:
- Sensor: 24MP X-Trans APS-C sensor.
- Image stabilization: 5-axis in-body image stabilization (5.5 stops).
- AF system: new AF system (both for stills and video).
- Viewfinder: 3.69M-dot OLED viewfinder.
- Screen: Two-axis tilt 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot touch screen.
- Video: DCI and UHD 4K capture at up to 200 Mbps, 24-bit audio capture, Internal F-Log capture, 1080p 120fps, Timecode and Anti-flicker shooting mode.
- New filters: Eterna/Cinema Film Simulation mode.
- Connectivity: Built-In Wi-Fi &Bluetooth.
- Shooting speed: 14 fps with e-shutter, 8 fps mechanical (11 with grip – similar to X-T2).
- Storage: Dual SD card slots (both UHS-II compatible – similar to X-T2).
- Body: 25% Thicker magnesium alloy body (compared to the X-T2), increased scratch-resistance and surface hardness, dust and water-resistant properties, ability to operate in temps down to -10 Degree C/-14 Degree F.
- Pricing: X-H1 will sell for around $1900 starting March 2018.
Johny from Cinema 5D looks at the X-H1 video features (which still seem to need some bug fixes at this point)
You can find many more photography gear announcements and new products on our photography gear section here on LensVid.