Hands on with the Fujifilm X-E2
During the weekend Fujifilm announced the new X-E2 – second generation compact system camera which builds on the features of the Fuji X-E1 with around 60 different improvements and changes.
Here is a short list of features of the new X-E2:
- A 16.3 Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor (similar to the X100S).
- EXR Processor II (with start-up time of 0.5, shutter lag time of 0.05, shooting interval time of 0.7 and AF speed 0.08 seconds).
- A new lens modulation optimizer feature (for improved image quality).
- 2.36 million dot OLED EVF.
- 3” LCD (1.04 million dot).
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600.
- Full HD 1080p @60p.
- Microphone/shutter release input (2.5mm).
- CIPA: 350.
- Price: $1000 (on pre order at B&H).
The above video is a hands on preview of the X-E2 by Angela Nicholson from Digital Camera World.
The Fuji Guys playing around with the X-E2 – Part I
Fujifilm also announced a small compact camera called XQ1 – a smaller model of the X20 (with the same sensor but different, slower lens). The XQ1 will cost $500 (pre order on B&H).
The Fuji Guys playing around with the XQ1 – Part I