Panasonic G85/G80 Hands-On Review
On this video our friends and colleagues Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake from the Camera Store in Canada, take a look at the new G80 (also known as G85 depending on the region) by Panasonic.
The G80/G85 was announced just over a week ago in Photokina 2016 and we did a first look of this interesting micro 4/3 camera at the Panasonic booth with Mark Baber from Panasonic U.K.
In the meantime Chris and Drake had a chance to actually take the G80 and play with it for a little while in Cologne and they seem to get back pretty impressed. The camera has some nice features for a mid level mirrorless camera which sits below the GH4 including:
- Sensor: 16MP Micro 4/3 with no optical low pass filter.
- Viewfinder: 2.36M-dot OLED EVF
- LCD – 3-inch 1.04M-dot articulating touchscreen.
- IS – 5-axis image stabilization.
- Splash/dust-proof body
- Depth from Defocus AF and focus stacking and post focus in camera
- Video: 4K video @30p.
- Price: G80/G85 – $1000 (pre-order).