8 Cool DIY Smartphone Photography Tips
The guys at COOPH are doing it again and this time they have 9 cool tips for smartphone photographers.
On this video photographer Richard Schabetsberger demonstrate 8 creative smartphone photography tips & tricks in Austria using an OPPO N3 smartphone.
Here is a quick list:
- The floating camera – use a of a industrial balloon which you can buy for a few dollars online to make your smartphone float (while connected to a wire) – we are not responsible for any damage that will happen to your smartphone as a result of this.
- Sunglasses as filters – inexpensive ND filter substitute. Just put your sunglasses in front of your smartphone camera on a sunny day and see the result.
- Phinhole – pretty self-explanatory – make an hole in a cardboard and put it in front of your camera to get the effect.
- 3D polaroid – cut out an old polaroid image and leave the frame and use it to shoot other objects (be creative – see the video for some examples).
- Tint planet – this cool effect can be created with Little Planet on Android and RollWorld for iOS.
- High-key – if you don’t know what this means (check out this). For smartphone just use a black paper and press the screen to lock the exposure and than capture your model.
- Inception-selfie – capture a cool image and use your smartphone (and another camera) to make a finny/interesting selfie).
- DIY projector-phone – not really photography related but still cool – put the smartphone in a box upside-down and use a lens to project the image.
COOPH are known for having really cool DIY videos. Earlier this year we published their video entitled “7 Cool and Funky Photography Tips, “6 Cool DIY Photography Gifts that You Can Make Yourself“, 7 Simple DIY Hacks that Will Help you Improve Your Photography and just before that 7 DIY Photography Tips – Using Inexpensive Household Objects – both of which we highly recommend if you are into DIY and photography.
You can also check out many more interesting DIY photography projects here on LensVid.