7 Cool and Funky Photography Tips
If you love DIY and looking for some cool inspiration the guys at COOPH have 7 cool tips for you.
- Levitation – capture somebody jumping with balloons or an umbrella (don’t show the ground in the image).
- Freelensing – detach the lens and hold it very very close to the camera not connected and play with the focus (remember – not all cameras allow for shooting without a lens attached so make sure your settings allow for that).
- Light stenciling – this one is cool (although you can probably do something similar in post) – cut any shape out of a cardboard box and light through it (put some colored cellophane with white paper for diffusion), use a flashlight to light trough when you are shooting a long exposure anyplace in the frame.
- Use Polaroid – kind of self explanatory.
- Use a broken mirror – if you have an old mirror you don’t need (or its already broken) you can use it for some shot to get an interesting effect.
- Use colored lights – again – no much to explain here.
- Light Hula Hoop – use a Hula hoop with some Christmas LEDs and paint with light (again long exposure at night) – this one is actually really fun and can turn out very interesting.
COOPH are known for having really cool DIY videos. Earlier this year we published their video entitled “6 Cool DIY Photography Gifts that You Can Make Yourself“, 7 Simple DIY Hacks that Will Help you Improve Your Photography and just before that 7 DIY Photography Tips – Using Inexpensive Household Objects – both of which we highly recommend if you are into DIY and photography.
You can also check out many more interesting DIY photography projects here on LensVid.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)