The guys at COOPH are bringing us another list of cool photography DIY tips and some simple to do hacks the can improve your creative shooting.
We love those inspiring videos by the guys at Cooph, This time they have 9 simple tips/tricks that you can easily do with little effort:
- Forced perspective photography – just place a small object close to the camera and your model further away so they will look physically at about the same size and let them “interact”.
- Make a DIY macro lens – all you need is a simple 50mm MF lens (turned around), toilet paper roll and some duct tape – bind it together and you got yourself a DIY macro lens.
- Magnetic mounting unit for GoPro – use Sugru Moldable Glue and place magnets inside and connect to a GoPro holder – now you have a magnetic GoPro holder which you can attach to almost any metal surface.
- Wall of Bokeh – This one is really cool – use tinfoil as background – light it and use a fast lens to blur the background – the result will look great.
- Showercurtain softbox – use a simple shower curtain and light to get a soft look for your model.
- Pinhole camera – drill a small hole in a lens cap – put some duct tape on it and pinch a hole with a needle – you have yourself a simple DIY pinhole camera.
- Fishtank underwater housing – don’t have money to buy expensive underwater housing for your camera- just use an old fish-tank (not broken!) put it in the water but make sure you won’t let the water in and get those half-and-half images.
- Sparklers ring of fire – just tie some sparklers to a metal cable and light them and place your model behind (make sure he/she do not get too close they burn).
- High speed drops – all you need is milk, dye, bowl and a flash – make it sync with your on camera flash and drop the color into the milk and shoot until you get the perfect shot!
COOPH are known for having really cool DIY videos. Over the years we published many of their videos including “6 Cool UV Photography Tips“, “Tips for Shooting “The Elements””, 7 Cool and Funky Photography Tips, “6 Cool DIY Photography Gifts that You Can Make Yourself“, 7 Simple DIY Hacks that Will Help you Improve Your Photography and just before that 7 DIY Photography Tips – Using Inexpensive Household Objects – both of which we highly recommend if you are into DIY and photography.
In the past we covered a number of UV photography projects including this interesting one.