Tips for Shooting “The Elements”
The guys at COOPH are doing it again and this time around they have 7 tips/tricks and just general fun ways to take some cool pictures with what they call “the elements” using the new Leica X-U waterproof camera announced today.
So Leica announced earlier today a new version of its X camera (16MP APS-C sensor mirrorless camera with no viewfinder and a build in 23mm f/1.7 lens) called the X-U. It can function up to 15 meters underwater and can stand a 1.2 meter fall – pretty impressive for such a large sensor camera.
They guys from COOPH (an international photography group) decided to do a cool video around this camera with some cool ideas for shooting:1
- Powder (sort of like earth) – just blow it into the camera.
- Ice (well ice cubes at least) – cool shooting with a mirror.
- Fire (have a fire extinguisher near by) – lighter fluid and a mirror
- Water – find a little puddle and dip your (waterproof camera) just a little bit.
- Wind – this is more like fast turning buy use a merry go round and shoot with a tripod on it.
- Bubbles – these are always cool in photographs.
- Sparks – Use steelwool with an egg wisk and light it – again be careful and have a fire extinguisher near by.
- Under water selfie – hi guys you have already done water!
If you were wondering, the X-U will cost just under $3000.
COOPH are known for having really cool DIY videos. Last year we published many of their videos including 7 Cool and Funky Photography Tips, “6 Cool DIY Photography Gifts that You Can Make Yourself“, 7 Simple DIY Hacks that Will Help you Improve Your Photography and just before that 7 DIY Photography Tips – Using Inexpensive Household Objects – both of which we highly recommend if you are into DIY and photography.
You can also check out many more interesting DIY photography projects here on LensVid.