Hands On – Audio-Technica System 10 Camera-Mounted Digital Wireless System
Earlier today Rob Rives from B&H posted a hands on look at the Audio-Technica System 10 wireless digital sound system, looking at the main features of this affordable wireless solution.
The Audio-Technica System 10 was introduced last year without a great deal of media noise, but at least on paper it is one of the most interesting affordable wireless solutions of the past few years (and if you remember, only recently did we wrote about the new Sennheiser One-Man-Band AVX Wireless Audio System, and earlier this year about the RØDELink Digital Wireless Audio System).
Here are some of the main features of the Audio-Technica System 10 Camera-Mounted Digital Wireless System:
- Digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless operation with a range of about 30 meters (100 feet~).
- 2.4 GHz range – free from TV interference (with several advanced capabilities to automatically change frequencies to reduce interference including three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time & space for seamless interference).
- Selectable balanced and unbalanced output jacks with level control for use with most cameras and recording devices.
- Receiver can work with up to 8 units (but only one at a time!).
- Receiver has an internal rechargeable (USB) 12-hr battery (transmitter has 2 AA batteries).
- Monitoring – separate headphone port and volume control.
- Price: depending on the exact configuration – starts at under $400.
Even after Rives’ video we still have some open questions regarding the capabilities of the system and we will be in touch with Audio-Technica and hope to bring you some answers soon.
You can find lots more info on sound recording for HDSLR on our dedicated HDSLR sound channel here on LensVid.