If you always wanted a lighting system that you can carry with you anywhere, fold and put in your backpack, work even in the rain and can be set up in a few seconds? a new Kickstaarter project called Raglite might be the answer.
The Raglite -a flexible lightweight LED
Raglite is the brainchild of two developers – Chad Soderholm and Sin Cohen from Chicago. Both of them work in the production business and wanted a flexible, mobile, lighting system which the can carry anywhere with little to no install time for video production.
The result is a really cool product called Raglite which is basically a fabric with LED lights built into it which comes in several sizes (from a very small one to a very large – 14″ x 24″ with option to custom manufacture even larger versions).
Raglite – lighting anywhere
- Flexible Design (can be folded like a fabric).
- Balanced light that is flicker free and dimmable.
- Accurate 3200K or 5600K temperature.
- Waterproof (although not all models are – so be careful).
- Lightweight and Portable – you will need a power source – typically a battery supplied with the Raglite).
- Non-Heat Emitting (using LEDs).
- Long-Lasting (LEDs typically last for years).
- Power Efficient (gives between 1-3 hours of full power on the larger versions).
- Several Mounting options (attach D-Rings, Magnets and daisy-chain).
The Raglite can be used not just for Photography but for many other applications – there is a version for growing plants (yes, we know what plants you are thinking of), there is a small version you can use as emergency lighting which you can make into a 360 degree lighting which will never break and is waterproof, you can even use it for decoration or use it in places where conventional lighting simply can’t be used.
Raglite – also for growing plants